Friday, January 21, 2011

As I See It: I May Be Eating My Words

  It takes a real man/woman to admit when he/she is wrong. I can do that, and I may have to. To much regret, but  not to my circumvention, Keith Bogans is playing commendable basketball right now for the Chicago Bulls. In a case such as this, eating crow is bittersweet. His production only further helps the Bulls. I just have my doubts from what I have seen thus far.

 In the past five games, the Bulls are 4-1. With the only loss suffered in the absence of both Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah. In those games, Bogans shot 6 for 13 from the 3-point line with 11 rebounds and 20 points. Not a glaring statistic being as though that only yields a 4 points per game average. But on the contrary, his increase in 3-point percentage and rebounds takes the load off of Derrick Rose and compensates for the lack of consistency from Kyle Korver; now shooting 4 of 14 from 3-point range. Outside of a 6-10 3-point shooting effort for 22 points, Korver's streaky shooting has been a Page 2 problem during Bogans apparent 'hot' streak.
  
   To put things in perspective, Bogans is starting to look up. In the absence of both Jo' and Boozer, Bogans hasn't been as productive as he has been these recent weeks since a period dating back to Oct. 8. Bogans scored 41 points in a a five game span and hasn't scored more than 25 points in a span of five games since. Five games is not the litmus test for streaks of production, but it is a fair one to go on. So for right, now I will eat some Brandon Lee. I hope I eat it all season.

No comments:

Post a Comment